Another weekend after a busy week. We went for brunch at a friend's house on Sunday and the kids got some nice presents and very much enjoyed playing in the yard and petting the bunnies. We took a walk in the afternoon with Tessa our st. Bernard. Hannah insisted on riding her tricycle and made it almost the whole walk. She used the juice in her cup as an excuse to have to stop every now and then and although she usually drains that cup in no time, this time she took one or 2 sips each time so she had a lot of excuses to stop. After the juice she discovered that she had a hair brush in the storage bin under her seat so the next excuse was a desperately needed hair brush every few minutes. The people passing us must have thought we were OCD or so.
The rest of the week included a trip to the zoo which both kids as well as mammy enjoyed very much. The giraffes and otters were favorite, mostly because they were about the only animals that were active. A lion can be impressive but not exactly when it is sleeping 100 yards away from the fence.
This morning we went to the little gym again. Ivan was in the parent-child class and loved it. It is amazing how strong he is. And he participated wonderfully in everything.
Hannah was by herself in the combined dance/gym class. Since this was the first time for her she was quite shy at first but opened up during the last half hour and did all the routines almost perfectly in spite of her limited English. After class we went for our first haircut since we became a family. The children's salon was great and she thought it was a lot of fun. Her hair is still short but at least it has some shape to it now.
We got the bad news today that my parents, who were supposed to come on Monday evening from the Netherlands won't be able to make it since all flights in Europe were cancelled due to the vulcano eruption in Iceland. A real disappointment both for them and for me. Marc is leaving for Hawaii on Tuesday and will be out till Sunday evening and I really had counted on some company and a hand around the house. Both Hannah and Ivan are still very clingy overall and it is very hard to get things done when they are awake. Ah well. I'll survive!




great pictures! I think I have a picture of Hannah on our trip #1 with the other childrens. I will email it to you adn so you can take a look and see if it is her.
ReplyDeleteHang on... I know it is tought without our better half. :( I am in the same boat...
that would be great, Stella.
ReplyDeleteI am not too worried. It will only be a few days. I am sure I'll be fine.