18 January 2010

My very first baby shower!

The inpatient unit at Pennington, where I work, organized a baby (or should I say 'toddler') shower for me last friday.  After attending and organizing so many showers since moving to Montreal in 1990, (no baby showers in the Netherlands) I never had thought I would ever have one myself.  I was so excited I could barely sleep the night before and I must admit that I was not particularly productive Friday morning either (nor Friday afternoon for that matter!).  Unfortunately Marc couldn't make it because of an important faculty meeting so all the attention was on me (not my favorite thing to be honest).   It was a lot of fun and boy did we get spoiled.  I still can't get over the huge amount of presents.  Clothes, toys , legos, books, a car booster seat, a princess dress (every little girl needs a princess dress according to Kim!)  and if all that was not enough, a gift certificate for target (it got used to buy a colourful toy organizer so far).   It was a great afternoon and I am still overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness of all the people.  Thanks so much inpatient unit. You all are wonderfull! 
Marc couldn't believe his eyes either when he came to pick me up. Of course we had a lof ot fun opening the boxes and trying out all the toys.  My mam and dad joined us on skype when we unpacked everything so they could be part of the fun.  It would have been wonderful if Hannah and Ivan could have seen all this. But..... everything will be waiting for them when we get home.  BTW,  Ivan turns 22 months today. I so much hope we will be with him for his 2nd birthday. Preferably in Baton Rouge but Vladivostok or Moscow will also be great! Keeping my fingers crossed.

3 comments:

  1. Another special part of this wonderful experience. Showers are special. Glad you have had your first one...
    Well...you know it's Tuesday now in Vlad. Email me the minute you hear something, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bet I will. Logically, we should get news at about the same time. Of course, logics don't work in an adoption process. But.. it will happen...... SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete