This week the search for schools has been a big theme. Now that we know we are moving we had to start looking for child care in the Bethesda area for Hannah and Ivan. Unfortunately there was no space at the NIH daycare/ preschool so we had to start looking elsewhere. Well, choices enough I must say. I would have loved to put both children in a Montessori school but the ones that could take both children were out of our price range (and one of them even had Russian in their program. I so much want them to keep their Russian but with neither Marc or I fluent in Russian, we will need some help from outside to accomplish that), and the few others could only take Hannah. But we found a school that can take both, is a small school, only a mile from the NIH campus, and it looks like it is a good program. Marc will visit the school on Tuesday afternoon and hopefully it will work out.
The other job was to look at a program Hannah can do before we move. This was a bit of a tough one since it would only be for about a month. We could have kept her home for that time but she loves her day camp and needs the interaction with other children her age. We could have sent her to public preschool for a month but that would have meant changing schools twice in a month which I would really not like to do. So we asked Trinity Episcopal day school (where she goes to camp now) if they would take her for a month and they said YES!!!! It is perfect. Her teacher is the same one she has for camp now and some of the children in her camp group will be in her class, she knows the building etc and it is just around the corner from our house. I am so very happy this works out. It will be a transition no matter what and this will make it easier on her. Ivan will stay at home with a babysitter and go to the park and gym class like he is doing now.
We have also been looking at houses in the Bethesda area but it is still a bit early to look for a rental. However, we have a list of houses for rent and Marc will visit some next week as well. Who knows.
So, we have done a lot of planning this week.
That is really exciting.
ReplyDeleteMy dad grew up in Bethesda and I love that area! So pretty!