After the aquarium we all went for lunch at a restaurant called Belle Bazar. They were very accomodating to us and the food was very good. Our kids shared a plate of chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes and vegetables while I had blini (pancakes) with a chicken and mushroom filling and Marc had chicken soup and a kinds of stirfry.
On the way home we stopped at the baby store called bubblegum. I really recommend it to futur adopttive families if you need anything for your kids or want to buy them a russian dvd or cd or books. I needed to go because our little boy might be small but he has big feet. All the shoes except for the snow boots, that we brougth for him were too small! snowboots are fine for here but it will be very uncomfortable for him to have to wear boots in the plane or even at the airports. I also got the kids a toy 'animal' that is a famous russian cartoon character called Чебурашка (Cheburashka). it talks and sings a song about his life. Oksana also bought us a cd with classic russian children's songs that we tried out immediately at home. Our little girl could sing along with most of them and even mamma was able to do so for some (don't know how accurate my text was but it was good enough for our little girl to be happy abou it).So as you might understand, it was a busy day. We therefore decided to stay in our room for dinner and chill a bit. After dinner we were all back in the play room downstairs for a while and after a bath the kids were asleep in no time.
Tomorrow we plan to go take a train ride downtown as an introduction for our 9 hr plane ride next week. Another adventure for our kids, I am sure. And a break of hotel life for us.

No comments:
Post a Comment