14 March 2010

It's a snow day!

We woke up this morning and snow was blowing around the hotel. It looked like it snowed al night because a beautiful think white blanket was covering the ground.  Since it might be a while until the kids will see snow again we bundled both of them up and went outside.  Our little boy had a hard time walking but I remembered there was a sled in the spare parts room so we borrowed that and put both kids in it.  After a while our girl decided that she was 'balchaya' (big) and didn't need to sit in the sled. So she made snowballs with mamma and threw them to daddy (us girls have to stick together after all).   They both had a ball. Our boy loved the ride in the sled and our girl loved to play with the snow. We stayed out for almost an hour and the rest of the morning we played in the white rabbit saloon.  Aiden and his parents came to join us there and the kids played together pretty nicely while the parents talked.  I guess the snow tired them out since both of them went to bed without much fussing.

As you see,  I am still calling my kids boy and girl.  Because of the snow storm the notary's office was closed today so we'll have to wait till tomorrow.  So no pictures either :(  I have another preview of our snow day though

1 comment: